Thursday, December 11, 2014

Moments | Snow vs Sand








D wears: Tee by Tiny Whales / Pants by Mini & Maximus / Beanie by I Dig Denim / Shoes by Puma.

Being a Swede I have never really gotten used to having Christmas in the middle of summer. It will always feel a bit wrong and it seem a bit harder to get into the spirit of Christmas when the weather is warm and the days are light. As the years have passed I have simply stopped craving all that yummy Swedish Christmas food and instead finding myself wish for seafood and other lighter, summery food. You sort of make your own Christmas that fits this new season (not saying I don't miss my mum's wonderful Christmas food because I do!!) but you realize there is no winning in missing, you simply have to find new traditions.

The other day when we were playing at the beach I realized just how much similarities there were with the sand and the snow. I still remember when we had some cold winters and when we were lucky enough to have a white one and you could go out and run in the snow, toss it up in the air and let it fall down on you. Although we are many miles away from snow the way my kids play with sand it is not hard to see they have a similar joy. They jump, throw and roll in the sand like I did with the snow, so it is simply a different kind of Christmas feeling here, but also in a way the same which puts a smile on my lips and a bit more Christmas cheer in my mind.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, one of last four pics, the one with "sand waves" is icredible :) All of them are great, as always :) but this one is just WOW :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, leave a word or two if you got something on your mind or a great link to share :)

// --> v